03 April, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT - Posers Beware!

Hello all,

I am posting this announcement today to open some eyes and shake things up a bit. I have been closely evaluating your progress as individuals...and while we have some truly remarkable people that I am proud to have here, we also have a few posers among us. What is a poser you may ask? If all you are here for is bragging rights, then you my friend are a poser. If you purposely cut reps and cheat on your form, you my friend are a poser. If you eat garbage on a daily basis and think nothing of it, you my friend are a poser. And guess what...posers are NOT welcome here.

This community is for people who want to consistently become better in every way, every day. Now, if anyone feels like I am "playing favorites" by mentioning names in this next sentence then tough sh*t...the truth is the truth. Take a look at Tom, Claire, and Andrea. They did not get where they are right now by taking shortcuts or doing the bare minimum to get by. Tom is closing in on 65 and has kicked father time square in the ASS (a few times)! Why, because he clearly made fitness a lifestyle. Claire went from to barely being able to hang onto a bar for 30 seconds to doing pull-ups ON HER OWN TIME. Why, because she does not back down from a challenge. Andrea has lost THIRTY POUNDS since she first walked through the door. Why, because she clearly understands that talk minus action equals ZERO.

Being a part of this program is not a RIGHT, it is an earned opportunity. Your money means absolutely NOTHING to me if you are not here for the right reasons. My joy comes from seeing each one of you make amazing progress, not from seeing you fork over a check every month. You can easily quit now, put your money towards a membership at Planet Fitness, and bullsh*t all you want while all of your former comrades will be 10 miles ahead of you before you can even get to the back page of your next "fitness" magazine.

Just showing up isn't going to cut it. In order to succeed you must be in it mentally as well as physically. You are only going to get out of this what you put into it. Doing the WODs twice a week and eating garbage on a daily basis is going to get you NOWHERE. This not an just exercise program, it is a way of life. If secretly you have no desire to become a more efficient human being by getting stronger, faster, more flexible, etc. and all you want to do is "tone" and "look nice", then maybe you should reconsider your motivations. This program is not for everyone (even though it can be with a simple tweak of your thought process). Some people just aren't cut out for it...bottom line. Some people are lions and some people are sheep. What you choose to be is up to you.

Achieving optimal overall fitness is our number 1 priority here, not hitting a certain number on the scale or sculpting buns and guns of steel (which will inevitably happen anyway). Who the hell cares if you lost X amount of pounds if you still can't do a single pull-up or run a mile in a respectable amount of time? I am in no way saying that you must lose sight of all your aesthetic goals, however, you have to put things into proper perspective. I fully understand looking good is still important to everyone, and I have NO PROBLEM with helping you develop a supplemental program to further enhance the aesthetics of certain parts of your body that you want to improve upon (on your own time of course). The fact of the matter is, if you give 110% on every WOD and if you take the time to educate yourself on proper nutrition, you will have NOTHING to worry about. Get to a point where you can do 10 pull-ups and I GUARANTEE you will not have any questions on how to make your arms look better. Start eating according to the Paleo Zone and I GUARANTEE you will not have any questions on how to make your abs look better.

The bottom line is that there is no reason for any of you to not see amazing results with this program, aside from your lack of will to go the extra mile. Every resource you need is right in front of you. I am here for all of you to help with ANY issues you may have. Need help on refining your technique on a particular exercise? Come see me. Need help on picking the right nutritional books to read? Come see me. Need help on figuring out how to make changes in your daily life to help maintain a healthier lifestyle? Come see me! If there is anything that I can not help you with personally, I will point you in the right direction. For those of you who are consistently progressing, keep up the good work. For those of you who are not, it's time for you to flip the switch...or don't be surprised when your next payment is REFUSED.

Comments anyone?

2 comments:

Tom said...

Jeannie and I are the new kids on the block and really have no comment other than to say we haven't been around long enough to notice much difference betweeen participants. Frankly we pretty much mind our own business and concern ourselves with what we can (and can't) do and try to improve upon that. But I personally love the competition that the group provides. The group dynamics (and Will) really motivates me and I appreciate it.

Andrea said...

I agree with Tom... I am too into the workout to notice anyone else, unless they are grunting louder than me. LOL

This is my life now, I intend to achieve optimal fitness. That's quite a journey I have to make and I am glad I'm not doing it alone.