09 April, 2009

Thursday - Day 0099

TBD - Hopper Deck WOD!

Or rest...

















Knee Deep
Challenge Yourself!

"IF THERE IS NO STRUGGLE, THERE IS NO PROGRESS."

- FREDERICK DOUGLASS

2 comments:

Tom said...

Will,
Other than doing actual pull-ups and chin-ups, how else can i build the shoulder and chest muscles to increase my strength and ability to do more? I usually don't have the bar or rings available.

Will-I-Am said...

Well, Tom... Building strength in the chest isn't going to help with your pull-ups, technically. The pectorals and the triceps aid in pushing movements while the lats and the biceps aid in pulling movements. Now, if you don't have access to a pull-up bar or rings, you can always improvise. If you have access to a smith machine you can rack the bar about waist high or a tad bit lower, lay flat on the floor underneath it and pull your chest vertically toward the bar. Dumbell or barbell rows are also a suitable excercise (a last resort however). I'll what I can find for you on Youtube!